93rd AGM / Conference
at the Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington
16 - 18 June 2014
DATES AND TIMES TO NOTE FOR THE 93rd AGM
Monday 16 June Presidents Meetings - 10.30 a.m. for those elected in 2014; 12.30p.m. for those in office during 2014 in the Frank Taplin Room
- Monday 16 June Banners to the MFC before 3.00 p.m.
- Monday 16 June Opening Night - start time is 7.30 p.m. in the MFC auditorium
- Tuesday 17 June Business sessions begin- start time 9.00 a.m.
- Tuesday 17 June Comedy Night - start time 7.30 p.m. Come dressed as your favourite T.V. character
- Wednesday 18 June Thanksgiving service followed by prize giving - start time 9.00 a.m.
- Wednesday 17 June - AGM /Conference close 3.30 p.m.
- The Civic café at the Michael Fowler Centre will be open 10.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m on Tuesday and Wednesday
INDUCTION OF THE NEW NATIONAL PRESIDENT
Mrs. Kay Hart of Motueka and Stoke Wakatu WIs in the Nelson Federation, was the only nominee for the position of National President. Mrs Hart will take up the position after the 93rd AGM /Conference in June.
FEDERATION PRESIDENTS' MEETING
Following on from feedback from the 2013 December meeting of the Federation Presidents, the meeting at the AGM /Conference will be in two sessions.
The first starting at 10.30 a.m. will be for newly elected (in 2014) Federation Presidents.
Lunch will be at 12.30 for ALL Federation Presidents and
From 1.00 - 3.00 p.m. the programme will be for all Federation Presidents.
ELECTIONS FOR THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
As there are eight nominations for the six (6) positions on the NEC, there will be an election. Those nominated are: Valerie Burrell, Tauranga Federation; Ainslie Carnahan, Mid Otago Federation; Fay Leonard, North Canterbury Federation; Fay Moore, Waikato East Federation; Maureen O'Connell, Marlborough Federation; Margaret Paton, North Otago Federation; Inez Rudd, Northern & Hawkes Bay Federation and Valerie Stevens, Oroua Federation